Effective February 10, 2020 CRA is introducing a new digital processes to simplify and speed up the way representatives request online authorizations. CRA asks that you please continue to use the existing Representative authorization processes until this time. For more information see: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/news/newsroom/tax-tips/tax-tips-2020/changing-how-representatives-authorized.html
Keeping up to date and staying onside in charity law…
Canada Revenue Agency – Charities and Giving
The Charities Education Program (CEP) is designed to conduct in-person visits with registered charities, providing them with information and assistance in understanding these obligations.
Click here for more on the program.
More from CRA for Registered Charities
- Sign up for the Charities Directorate’s e-newsletter
- Charities Directorate – Electronic mailing list – When you subscribe to this electronic mailing list, CRA will email you when they add important information to the website.
- Self identifying compliance issues – https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/charities/compliance-audits/bringing-charities-back-into-compliance.html
- Checklists for charities – https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/charities-giving/charities/checklists-charities.html
Service Alberta – http://www.servicealberta.com/Charitable_Organizations.cfm
Alberta NonProfit Network
The Alberta Nonprofit Network (ABNN) is an independent network of nonprofits seeking to advance the cohesive, pro-active, and responsive nonprofit sector in Alberta.
Carters – Non-Profit and Charity Law – Newsletter and Update Bulletin
Drache Aptowitzer – Charity Law Insights
GlobalPhilanthropy.ca. Globalphilanthropy.ca is maintained by the law firm Blumberg Segal LLP (Blumbergs) based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The site provides information designed to assist Canadian charities understand their legal and ethical obligations when operating charities in Canada or abroad.
Organizations offering education and training
These organizations have information on a variety of topics, including requirements and obligations of charitable registration, fundraising practices, receipting, books and records, and more.
These organizations were funded by the Canada Revenue Agency under the Charities Partnership and Outreach Program.
- Centre for Public Legal Education Alberta (Charity Central) (Alberta)
- Éducaloi (Quebec)